I’m going to flash my Sonoff switches to install a custom firmware on them. I am using the following resources as a reference:
- How to flash Sonoff to ESP Easy firmware (I like the way he uses blue tack to hold the pin header).
- Flashing ESPurna firmware on the Sonoff – Csongor Varga also has another video on YouTube for flashing Tasmota
From the Internet:
- KmanOz/KmanSonoff firmware – this is a firmware that is designed to work with Home Assistant.
- Sonoff Tasmota – flexible and fully featured firmware specifically for the Sonoff.
- ESPurna firmware – this looks like an extremely fully featured firmware that not only supports Home Assistant, but also Google Home, Domoticz, Alexa, and more.
Csongor Varga has a useful Sonoff Cheatsheet here.